Wednesday 28 November 2012

I’m a Celebrity Get Me out of Here!

Wednesday 28th Nov 12

Another busy week at Camp Thomas – Mum and I have to have a morning meeting to discuss the days plans!
Since featuring in the B&R paper last week, I’ve been approached by other media sources and have today appeared on a few national online papers, including The Sun and Daily Mail Online. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2239704/Topshop-assistant-24-discovers-harmless-lump-actually-rare-cancer-30-cases-world.html 
I might be in print form tomorrow! Glad to say it won’t be page 3! I’ve agreed to do this as I hope to receive some money for any magazines who wish to run my story and donate it to a cancer charity.

Mum has been a bit worried at the prospect of becoming a celebrity. The morning after being photographed for the paper there was a knock at the door. Not expecting anybody and still in her dressing gown, she answered the door anxiously, expecting the paparazzi! Luckily for her, it was only the gas workman wanting her to move the car due to works outside!
I have now completed my fertility treatment. Glad to say the injections are over, think Florence has been getting worse not better at giving them, even jabbing me twice on one occasion! On Monday I had a small operation under general anaesthetic to collect my eggs. They got 9 in total which they said was great!
Had the PICC line put in last Thursday, my arm’s starting to get used to it now. I have purchased a lovely shower sleeve to protect it when washing. The hospital has said that I can’t play golf or tennis, a shame really I was hoping to take part in the Ryder Cup! Whilst waiting to have my line put it, I met a guy called Adam who comes onto the ward twice a week to give guitar lessons. Whilst waiting for my appointment he persuaded me to have a go! Britain’s Got Talent here I come!
I also had a CT scan last night, results to follow next week. Mum and friend Libby came with me for support, Libby was the most supportive chanting ‘down in one’ as I proceeded to drink a large jug of fluid containing dye (to show up the scan more clearly) the staff had fetched me! It wasn’t too pleasant, felt a bit like a bush tucker trial! It was really the second trial I’d done that week - Mum had already produced a baked banana for my pudding one evening. It’s fair to say it looked like a giant maggot and I couldn’t get it down! I think I might be the Helen Flanagan of the camp! Mum was a much better candidate, wolfing it down! Being the one doing most of the cooking, having a bossy nature and the way she looks in a swimming costume, perhaps she deserves a new nickname of Rosemary Shrager?! She’s already halfway there with her middle name being Rosemary!
Afterwards I was instructed to change into a hospital gown and had to place my clothes in a shopping basket. Emerging from the cubicle still with hat on and basket in hand, I looked like I was on the strangest Asda shop ever! Was planning on going to a make-over day at the Young Persons Unit today (where I’m going to have my treatment), however I was a bit unwell this afternoon and couldn’t attend. I think it could be from the scan injections, although Mum thinks it could be all that Milk Tray we scoffed last night!
Friends have been as great as ever – met Char in town last Saturday for a coffee, had flowers sent from an old friend Lucy and both Libby and Dani have called over. Libby brought me a lovely ‘travel box’ – ready for our adventures when we’ve actually managed to save enough money!
Starting chemotherapy treatment tomorrow – not a day I’ve been particularly looking forward to, although the sooner I start the sooner it will all be over. I’ll be in for three nights and hope to be out Sunday. Hopefully I’ll react ok and I can update you on here as to how it’s going.
Thanks everyone for your continued support throughout this journey so far. I’ve found writing this blog has been a great way to reach everyone and keep a record of everything I’ve been going through. Sometimes it’s been tough, but with your support I know I’ll get there in the end. If I’m lucky perhaps I’ll be crowned Queen of the Jungle!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment