Thursday 8 November 2012

What a Reaction!

Well, what can I say?! Thank you all so much for all the lovely messages about my blog telling me how brave, honest and inspirational I am! Your support means everything to me through this difficult time. And thank you for sharing it with your friends and friends of friends – I’ve racked up near enough 2,000 views on it to date! Pretty incredible! Just to let you all know, my good friend Dani is still trying to work on Olly Murs viewing it by tweeting him! Love it! Speaking of which, big shout out to Chris Price-Morgan for generously offering me 2 X Factor tickets for Sunday 18th November, after reading my first blog post. Can’t flipping wait, please all look out for me and Mum in the audience! Thanks Chris!

So it’s been another busy week - pretty standard for me at the moment! Last Monday 5th November I had an appointment with Dr Spooner, a consultant at the Oncology Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. I keep wanting to refer to him as Dr Soaper (Carry on Camping) for some reason! Anyway.... he’s a top man in his field – making me grateful to be receiving the best knowledge and treatment but also nervous as my case is being seen by the best, I know it’s very serious.

Just like the kids returning to school after a half term, I was feeling apprehensive about going back to Birmingham and what the latest appointment would bring. What would the consultant be like and what news was he going to deliver?
I needn’t have worried though as he was a lovely man and I was there to discuss my chemo and radio treatment plan. He explained that I will be treated over the next 9 months – 6 sessions of chemo (using 4 drugs) every 3 weeks, for around 3 nights at a time in hospital. He drew out diagrams to illustrate his points; thank god he became a consultant and not an artist though, as his drawing skills have a lot to be desired!

It’s also been my birthday this week – turned the big 24! Had loads of lovely cards and messages, not so many great presents! Mum promised me a dog, this has yet to materialise!! A personal shout out to Luke Dewinton for 32p (found in his and Becca’s card) specifically requested to be spent on Pick ‘n’ Mix – fantastic! I also know you’re keen for another mention on here when you’ve spent some time nursing me upon your return! Take note you’ll have to be super nice to me then and shower me with gifts to get a photo published too! The best present I received was probably a letter from Becca, which arrived a few days before my birthday. It was very heartfelt and touching, love you sis xx. She also sent a lovely bracelet.
Moving house is also on the cards – a move of mixed emotions. Signed and got the keys on Monday, have got off to a good start and managed to put up six lampshades! Still in Rugby packing up the help of Mum, ready to fully move on Saturday with the help of Dad, Uncle and Godfather Kenny and great friends Lisa and Dani. Thanks in advance as I should probably mentioned there are a lot of clothes to unpack! But maybe not as many as you’ve got Lisa... ;)
Well that’s it for now, lots still to pack so best get on....over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment