Wednesday 14 November 2012

Don’t Put All Your Eggs in One Freezer

Writing this post from my new living room – moved into the Birmingham pad last Saturday and its coming together and starting to feel like home. I had lots of help when moving in – thanks to Mum, Dad, Kenny and the girls for all your hard work. Bought some new bedroom furniture from IKEA today to house all my clothes! Some might say I’ve got a few too many!

Not one to do things by half, I moved house and had a party the same night! Enjoyed the onesie party Saturday night girls, hope you did too! Think staying in will have to become the new going out! More friends visiting this weekend which I’m looking forward to - couldn’t get through this without your support.
My new roomie is also settling in well, she has the smaller of the two bedrooms (unlucky!) but she’s doing ok with her single bed, bookcase and computer desk! Anybody would think she’s in Uni accommodation! In preparation for her Fresher’s Week I sent her to the off-license (which is conveniently opposite our house) for a bottle. I’m sorry to say she came back with some milk. Unfortunately I think her idea of a drink is a hot non-alcoholic beverage! We’ve also talked about having some ground rules, no parties, no loud music and must help out with the chores. But if she breaks them it’s ok, I can always send her to her room!
I’ve received some more cards and presents since last week, thanks again to everyone who has thought about me. The Olly Murs card from Sarah at George is probably my favourite! Will take it with me Sunday ;) Thanks also to Matt my boss from George who came to visit me before I left Rugby – nice to catch up and all the best in your new role. Amongst the presents were a few Topshop gift cards - on that note perhaps a bigger wardrobe may have been more appropriate!
Mum and I both received some lovely letters from my aunty/Godmother Jayne (Mum’s sister) this week – Mum opened hers and became quite emotional. I think she’s feeling homesick but I’ve told her she’s got to give it until Christmas!
First appointment of the week was with a girl called Sarah, at the Young Persons Unit at the QE. The meeting was to discuss a wig, which I’m having after my head has healed. It means a couple of trips to a Manchester salon – the guy charges around £600 for a hair cut so hopefully he’s good at styling wigs!
On Tuesday I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon who carried out my surgery. When I was booked in I found out I was number 2017 and thought maybe I was in for a long wait! Soon after they announced that anybody with appointments for the Red team would be delayed by an hour and a half and anybody for the Blue team would be delayed by an hour. Not knowing which team I was in I went to the desk to ask, unfortunately I felt rejected when I was told I wasn’t in either, not even on the subs bench! Fortunately 10 minutes later my number was called and the bad game of bingo was over. The surgeon was pleased with how my head’s healing which is really good news. He greeted me with the news that my horn had shrunk, but smiled and said that maybe he could get it back for next Halloween!
Started my fertility treatment today, have to draw up and inject myself in the stomach or leg for around 10 days until my eggs are ready to be collected. Unfortunately ‘Florence’ was unable to carry out her duties as she looked a bit peaky at the sight of the needle. Luckily Dad being well used to giving injections was able to save the day!
On a final note, I’ve also been approached by the press this week, who want to run a story in relation to my blog. I’ve been liaising with their reporter about having exclusivity on my story and pictures! Can’t say who this is at the moment, but watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment